Sunday, March 15, 2009

St Patrick's Day Fair



I was meant to go to the Archibald exhibition this weekend.  I don't know what possessed me to go to a museum on a sunday.  The queue for tickets was horrendous.  I then decided to go to the St. Patrick's Day Fair and eat a very Irish chicken burger.  

Best decision ever.  

I'm sure I would have learnt something profound and had a worthwhile artistic experience in the AGNSW, however I'm also sure I would have killed someone in that crowded pit they called a gallery. Not that it wasn't any less crowded at the fair, but everyone was wearing green and it was a beautiful sunny day.  

And I got the enjoyable experience of watching children make a pile of shoes on the floor and jump into the Hyde Park fountain.  Such is drawn above.  (Note: stupid jester hat with floppy dangling bits and bells does not exist on statue, I just added that since everyone else was wearing one at the fair.)

It was a good day.  It was sunny, but I got cooled off every now and again with the soft spray of fountain water in the wind, which I usually flinch from due to the association I have of fountain water to spit and cigarette butts.  But on that particular occasion it was refreshing, probably due to all the people having fun in the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment